Domain and Hosting
It all starts here. Without a domain or hosting, you don’t exist online. The following three providers stand out (from our experience. We currently use each for different products.)
- Bluehost — Most affordable stable host that we know of
- Inmotion Hosting — Business Grade Shared Hosting
- Knownhost — VPS
Design matters, to some degree. Craigslist proves that it doesn’t matter us much as most people think. But good design can definitely improve user engagement.
- 99designs — Designers Bid for Your Job with Completed Work
- Odesk — Allow Designers to Bid for Work
- Fiverr — Just As It Sounds — Simple Tasks
Well, you can’t do it all; and even if you could, you probably woudn’t want to try.
- Odesk — Programming and design of all levels
- Fiverr — Cheap and simple task management
- Textbrokers — Content based on ratings system. High quality copywriters here!
Our rule of thumb for e-commerce sites is seen below.
- WordPress (Themeforest E-commerce Themes) — Sites with less than 40 products
- Magento — Sites with more than 40 products
Links. Well, until the web becomes truly semantic you’ll likely continue to need them. They are a pain to generate, and Guest Posts
- Blog Comments
- Forum Engagement
- Internal Links
- Web 2.0s
- Quality Directories